Originally supplied via Hoffman Jaguar into New York, this Jaguar XK120 FHC retains much of its original specification and parts.
The first owner was an American pilot who in early 1953 also raced the car. The next owner was Bill Welch of Welch Jaguar who purchased the car in the early 1960s, after 32 years of ownership the car passed on to Bruce Amster of Red Line Restoration.
Red Line restored the car during the early 2000s, to an extremely high standard.
The car itself retains its original engine block and gearbox, and benefits from a disc brake conversion on the front axle for better driveability.
Recently the current owner, Julian Thompson, famously the designer of the Lotus Elise S1, then part of Jaguar’s design team for 21 years and now Design Director- General Motors Advanced Design Europe, has had the car serviced and tuned by our own workshop Revive-iconics Ltd at Mallory Park.